I thought about declaring the winner as the first person that responded (Twins Territory), but for fairness' sake, I am doing this:
I am having a new contest and the time frame is longer
The question is the same:
Predict the moves that the Twins' front office will make
but the end point is by opening day.
The scoring rules are:
- 3 points for each correct major league player move (i.e. if someone says that the Twins trade Perkins and Span for Beltre, he or she will get 9 points)
- 1 point for each minor league move and roster addition or subtraction
- All players in the moves need to be identified correctly to receive points (e.g. "the Twins will acquire a relief pitcher", will receive no points)
- Dollar amounts of contracts are not necessary
- If no moves are made the first person that says "no moves" wins
4 prices actually (because I have 4 extras of them):
The people with the best four scores will each win a a copy of one of the best minor league publications for the Twins, the Minnesota Twins Prospect Handbook - 2009, by Seth Stohs of SethSpeaks.net a major authority in the Twins' blogosphere, personally autographed by Seth himself.
Again, you have to post the answer at the comments in this entry and cannot be anonymous for fairness. One answer for each person, so think before you post.
Get a friend or two to participate too :)