- Public service announcement: If you have not filed your taxes yet, uncle Sam gives you till midnight tonight to do so
- Twins' OF Josh Willingham, after he was named Twins' position player of the week here, was officially named AL player of the week.
- The Twins finally win the opening game of a series in Yankee Stadium. Last time they accomplished that feat it was early May of 2001.
- Good luck to Scott Baker who is going under the knife of Dr David Atcheck today in New York City to repair his flexor pronator tendon. Wonder if his teammates will drop by to say hi before their game tonight at Yankee Stadium.
- Speaking of Twins' games at Yankee Stadium Version 2.0, Jason Marquis is coming back to the Twins and starting the game tomorrow. A roster move needs to be made to accommodate him in the 25-man roster.
- Add the newly acquired Clete Thomas to the list of players who have homered in their first game with the Twins
- Another one from the Twins' witch doctors' archives. Apparently the diagnosis of Kyle Waldrop's injury is a "strained UCL" (towards the bottom of the article). Such a thing does not exist. It is up there with a "Shoulder Cramp" (Nick Blackburn) and "Inflamed Forearm" (Glen Perkins). Terry Ryan said something about "accountability" when was appointed interim GM last November. More and more this sounds like hot air now, unfortunately, since he not only approbates these announcements, but is the one who feeds them to the press.
- The Twins' product of the week, is the Minnesota Twins Grant Cleanup Adjustable Cap I really love the way these look.
The parting shot today is of Scott Baker who is under the knife. I hope everything turns out OK and he rehabs fine and signs an-incentive-laden 1yr deal with the Twins for 2013 after they decline to pick his option.