Here are seven facts about Jason Marquis and a couple of videos:
- On his 13th birthday he pitched a no-hitter to get his little league team the 3rd place in the Little League World Series.
- He won a Silver Slugger Award in 2005 and his career batting average (.197) and OPS (.499) are higher than those of Drew Butera (.178 and .481 respectively)
- Marquis grew up Conservative Jewish and his grandparents are Holocaust survivors
- He reached the post-season in all nine of his major league seasons through 2008.
- Jason wore uniform number 21 for the last few seasons, a number vacated for the Twins by the Delmon Young trade to the Tigers last season.
- Marquis has never faced the Minnesota Twins.
- Last season he was suspended along with his current teammate with the Twins, Esmerling Vásquez, after both drilled opposing hitters after warnings were issued in a Nationals-Diamondbacks game. He was with the Nats and Vásquez with the Diamondbacks.
Here is a video where Marquis is interviewed after his 100th MLB win
And here is what happened to Marquis last season on August 14th (he has healed from the broken femur) :