This is the latest report of the happenings in the Twins' Spring training. The previous one is here, and can find all 2017 Twins Spring Training related posts here. I will be describing events of interesting in the Twins' camp as well as happenings with former Twins. For two weeks these reports will be live from Fort Myers and will be indicated in the title.
- According to a study by Eno Sarris at Fangraphs, a Twins' pitcher had the 7th "unluckiest" change up in the majors last season. However, the semantic line between "unlucky" and "unfortunate" is a very thin one.
- Twins RHP JT Chargois has worked with pitching coach Neil Allen and LHP Glen Perkins to change his baseball grip on his slider, to compensate for the differences between the major league and minor league balls.
- Former Twins RHP Josh Roenicke has signed a contract with Pericos de Puebla of the Mexican League
- Twins LHP Glen Perkins finished his third bullpen of 15 pitches each, with "no issues". Still it is likely that he will start the season in the Disabled List. No reports of his velocity yet.
- The Twins' off-season get a final grade of a C-, according to a particular national baseball reporter.
- It looks like LHP Hector Santiago will have 6 days rest and RHP Jose Berrios a full 9 days before they start their first games for Puerto Rico in the WBC. This is unfortunate for their preparation, especially for Berrios, while fighting for a spot in the Twins' rotation.
- Former Twins' RHP Matt Capps will audition for teams in Marietta, GA this coming Sunday February 26th.
- The Twins are playing their first Spring Training game at 7:05 PM EST, hosting the Tampa Bay Rays. The game is available via gameday audio to the mlb.tv subscribers.