- While Brian Duensing is stretched out to be a starter, I think that the Twins should fill at least one or maybe two rotation spots on an "internship"-like way: Promote a new pitcher from the minors every week to make a start. That might work pretty well, based on the recent first starts by Scott Diamond and P.J. Walters.
- One of the things I am doing these days and will finish before the draft, is to publish profiles of the top 22 pitchers available in the draft (given that the Twins will likely select pitching early and often.) I am doing this is alphabetical order, and you can find them all here in reverse alphabetical order, so check often. I am planning on doing those daily for the rest of May.
- On a sad note, Aaron Bates was released from Rochester (along with Joe Thurston) to make room for Lester Oliveros and Wilken Ramirez who were promoted to Rochester from New Britain. Aaron was one of the last Twins' cuts this Spring Training and I always thought that he could be up with the Twins this season some time.
- Apparently the Twins cannot spell their own player's names even in the official lineup cards...
- It sounds like Ben Revere is growing.
- Kyle Gibson's rehab is going according the schedule
- On the other hand, here is another first hand testimony on the Twins' medical staff.
- Here isa great article about Miguel Sano by Jesse Temple of FSNorth.
- A Really interesting article about Twins' prospect AJ Pettersen is here. (Also form FSNorth)
- And here is a really great article about Brian Dozier and his early years in baseball. (From the St. Paul Newspaper)
- Alex Wimmers got a second opinion on his elbow and rest and rehab is the prescription.
- 23 year old Gopher Senior RP Dustin Klabunde has been opening some eyes and might be drafted in the later rounds next month.
- Apparently, the Rochester
YankeesRed Wings are too poor to add nameplates on Pedro Florimon's, Clete Thomas' and Danny Valencia's jerseys as witnessed in the MLB Network nationally televised game of the Red Wings in Syracuse. Very embarrassing. Little League.
- Speaking of Rochester, the local Democrat & Chronicle
Red Wings'Yankees' beat writer, decided to take a break from covering the Yankees on his blog and wrote this inflammatory nonsense, practically threatening the Twins, if they take the best players from Rochester to help their club. Alright... Memo to Rochester: Affiliated minor league clubs exist to serve the major league club they are affiliated with. If you do not like it, the independent leagues are just around the block. See if that fits you all better.
- The Twins' product of the week is the Minnesota Twins Blade Sunglasses
As always you can find all the Random Tuesday Twins Thoughts and Tidbits Posts here, in reverse chronological order.