3/24/09

My take on the Rochester Red Wings 2009 Roster

I will try to post potential rosters for the Twins' minor league affiliates as the 2009 season comes to view. Here is my take (i.e. what I would like to see vs. what will actually happen) on a potential Red Wings roster for 2009:

Rochester Red Wings, International League (AAA)

OF Dustin Martin
OF Jason Pridie
OF Dave Winfree
OF Justin Huber
C Drew Butera
C Jeff Christy (to be replaced by Jose Morales when the latter returns when Mauer is healthy)
IF Matt Macri
IF Trevor Plouffe
IF Steven Tolleson
IF Luke Hughes
IF Brian Buscher
IF Danny Valencia
1B Brock Peterson

SP Anthony Swarzak
SP Kevin Mulvey
SP Brian Duensing
SP Bob Keppel
SP Sean Henn
RP Rob Delaney
RP Armado Gabino
RP Ben Julianel
RP Tim Lahey
RP Zach Ward
RP Mike Gosling
RP Jose Mijares

out: Tommy Watkins, Alejandro Machado, Joe Gaetti, Luis Matos, Jason Jones
(and this pretty much tells who I think will make the Twins' 25 man roster)



Thoughts?

My take on the New Britain Rock Cats roster will be up tomorrow, the Ft. Myers Miracle, Thursday and the Beloit Snappers Friday. I will not go into the short season leagues and the Miracle and Snappers rosters will probably change, since I suspect some players will be released after the spring training.

No comments: